How to play Klondike solitaire
Klondike is a card solitaire in which you should try to build up one foundation of cards of each suit, from Ace to King.
Before starting to play, seven cards are placed in 7 columns (the first with one card, the second with two, the third with three, and so on up to seven). Only the bottom card of each column is face up.
The rest of the cards in the deck are put aside because they will be used during the game to draw cards 3 by 3, forming a pile of discovered cards.
Card are played according to the following rules:
- Three cards at once are dealt from the deck to the waste pile. There is no limit for the number of redeals.
- Cards or sequences of cards may be built down on the tableau by alternate colours.
- When a card is released from the corresponding column, the bottom card of the same column is discovered.
- Empty columns may be only filled with a King or a pile of cards headed by a King.
- The last card removed from each suit can be reused.
You can find more information in the Klondike article in Wikipedia.
Klondike en Ludoteka
In Ludoteka the game ends when it is resolved by drawing all the cards, or when the player believes that they can no longer advance and decides to end it (using the END button).
Your score depends on the number of cards you get to use during the game.Whenever you play a rated solitaire game in Ludoteka, you are competing against other players. Up to 25 different players will play the same game, during a maximum period of two days. For more information see the solitaire games.
If you do not solve the game, the amount of cards used during the game will be taken as the result of the game.