Playing the cards
Sueca is played with the English card deck, excluding Eigths, Nines and Tens. All the cards are dealt among the four players, and the trump is set by the last one.
10 tricks are played. The only rule that must be followed is, whenever is possible, to play a card of the same suit as the lead card.
The hierarchy between cards of the same suit goes, from the highest to the lowest, as follows: Ace, Seven, King, Jack, Queen, Six, Five, Four, Three, Two.
Both pairs sum the values of their cards according to the following values:
- Ace: 11
- Seven: 10
- K-Rei: 4
- J-Valete: 3
- Q-Dama: 2
- The other cards (6,5,4,3,2) have no value.
The score is updated according to these rules:
- If both pairs sum 60, nobody increases scores their score.
- The winning pair, which exceeds 60, adds 1 point.
- If the winning pair exceeds 90, they add 2 points instead of 1.
- The winning pair gets bandeira if they take the 10 tricks into play. In this case they score 4 points, which means to win the whole game.
The game ends when one of the pairs gets at least 4 points.